The Athens International Digital Film Festival (AIDFF) has selected the short film Blind Letters (Cartas ciegas), directed by Ángel Jaquem. This short is going to be screened in Athens (Greece) during the seventh edition of this film competition.
Thursday 29th March. Today is the day when Athens (Attica, Greece) is going to launch the 7th Athens International Digital Film Festival - AIDFF. The Greek festival has the privilege of having included the short film Blind Letters (Cartas ciegas) by Ángel Jaquem in this year's nominations.
This story has earned a place for contesting in the Διαγωνιστικό Μυθοπλασίας (Fiction Competition) of the AIDFF 2018. The fiction competition is composed by 20 short films, including Blind Letters by Ángel Jaquem. Despite been an international contest, most nominees are Greek films in deed.
The competing shorts are as follos:
- #NotAlone by Sotiris Petrides & Dimitris Tsakaleas / Σωτήρης Πετρίδης και Δημήτρης Τσακαλέας (Greece),
- 9023 by Sotiris Petrides & Tania Nanaurokaki / Σωτήρης Πετρίδης και Τάνια Ναναυράκη (Greece),
- Blind Letters by Ángel Jaquem (Spain),
- Blue-gris by Laëtitia Martinucci (France),
- Emoticon Man by Panagiotis Kountouras / Παναγιώτης Κουντουράς (Greece),
- From On High by Dawn Westlake (USA / Spain),
- Heimlich by Kostas Bakouris / Κώστας Μπακούρης (Greece),
- Holy Covenant by Nikos Bibizas / Νίκος ΜΠίμπιζας (Greece),
- Hurting A Pigeon by Fanis Topsachalidis / Φάνης Τοψαχαλίδης (Greece),
- I Saw A Man Falling by Αντώνης Κυριτσάνης / Antonis Kyritsanis (Greece),
- Illusion by Savvas Carydas / Σάββας Καρύδας (Greece),
- Initiation by Dimitris Andzous / Δημητρης Αντζους (Greece),
- Kalinixta by Barbara Kontoni & Christos Kyriakopoulos / Βαρβάρα Κοντονή και Χρήστος Κυριακόπουλος (Greece),
- Maniera greca by Kirineos Papadimatos / Κυρηναίος Παπαδημάτος (Greece),
- Meatmachine by Kyriakos Anastasios / Κυριάκος Αναστασίου (Greece),
- Memento mori by Andreas Samaras / Ανδρέας Σαμαράς (Greece),
- Mom I'm Back by Dimitris Katsimiris / Δημήτρης Κατσιμίρης (Greece),
- Neighbors by Konstantina Palli (Greece),
- Scrappy by Dawn Westlake (USA), and
- Stuff In The Basement by Vassilis Kalemos /short Βασίλης Καλέμος (Greece).
The short directed by filmmaker Ángel Jaquem is going to be exhibited coming Saturday 31st March. The session during which the audience may view the short Blind Letters by Ángel Jaquem is starting at 21:00 hours (UTC+3 EEST) at the Αλκυονίς New Star Art Cinema of Athens.
The 7th Athens International Digital Film Festival will be closed coming Wednesday 4th April, after seven days of films in the city of Athens.