The fiction short film The Beetle At The End Of The Street (El escarabajo al final de la calle), which has been directed by Joan Vives Lozano, is beginning its participation in the Martovski Festival today, Wednesday 28th March. This film competition is held in Belgrade, capital of Serbia.
The 65. Martovski Festival (65. Martovskog Festivala – Beogradskog Festivala Dokumentarnog i Kratkometražnog Filma) will begin to show the films that has selected for competing in its 2018 edition just today, Wednesday 28th March. One of the films selected by this year's Martovski Festival is The Beetle At The End Of The Street (El escarabajo al final de la calle), the first short film by Joan Vives Lozano.
This short has been included in the category called "Selekcija Kratkog Igranog Filma" (Short Film Competition) of the current edition of the Martovski Festival. Because of this nomination, The Beetle At The End Of The Street by Joan Vives Lozano is going to be screened on Friday 30th March at 16:00 hours (UTC+2 CEST). The screenings venue of The Beetle At The End Of The Street will be the Amerikana, a hall at the Youth Centre of Belgrade (Domu Omladine / Дом омладине).
The section "Selekcija Kratkog Igranog Filma" (Short Film Competition) has been divided into two categories: "Nacionalna Selekcija" (National Competition) and "Međunarodna Selekcija" (International Competition). Naturally, The Beetle At The End Of The Street by Joan Vives Lozano is part of latter category.
The International Short Film Competition consists of 15 films. The competing titles are as follows:
- Wolta by Monika Kotecka & Karolina Poryzała (Poland),
- Doaѓaat od centarot na svetot by Dina Duma (Macedonia),
- Accès privé by Timothée Catherine (France),
- May Day by Olivier Magis & Fedrik De Beul (Belgium),
- Into The Blue by Antoneta Alamat Kusijanović, (Croatia),
- Xiao cheng er yue by Qiu Yang (China),
- The Beetle At The End Of The Street by Joan Vives Lozano (Spain),
- Spitsbergen by Michał Szcześniak (Poland),
- Vidi ja ti nea by Goran Stolevski (Macedonia),
- La virgen negra by Juan Pablo Caballero (Colombia),
- Koniec widzenia by Grzegorz Mołda (Poland),
- Raz, dwa, zero by Anna Pawluczuk (Poland),
- Bleu-gris by Laëtitia Martinucci (France),
- Johann by Franka Braun (Germany), and
- Tudo o que imagino by Leonor Noivo (Portugal).
The Beetle At The End Of The Street, the short directed by Joan Vives Lozano, is the only Spanish short film competing in the 65. Martovski Festival of Belgrade.
The shorts in the "Selekcija Kratkog Igranog Filma" competition are fighting for the "Gran Pri" (Grand Prize). The organizers are going to announce one "Gran Pri" in the Serbian competition and one other "Gran Pri" in the international short film contest. The winning shorts will earn a cash-prize consisting of € 2,000.
The 65. Martovski Festival is going to show 80 films in total —including both full-length and short films. These films will be shown until coming Sunday 1st April, the closing day of this event.