The fiction short film The Beetle At The End Of The Street (El escarabajo al final de la calle), directed by Joan Vives Lozano, is going to be screened just today, Saturday 7th April, in San Bartolomé de Tirajana (Maspalomas, Canary Islands, Spain). This short is one of the fourteen finalists of this year's edition of the +CORTO, the Festival de Cortometrajes de San Bartolomé de Tirajana.
San Bartolomé de Tirajana, a village located in the municipality of Maspalomas (in the island of Gran Canaria, Canary Islands, Spain), is hosting since last Thursday 5th April the +CORTO 2018 - IV Festival de Cortometrajes de San Bartolomé de Tirajana. One of the shorts that are currently taking part in this film contest is the award-winning The Beetle At The End Of The Street (El escarabajo al final de la calle) by Joan Vives Lozano.
The +CORTO 2018 has shown its seven first short films —out of 14 finalists— on Thursday 5th. Screenings will continue and will end today, Saturday 7th April, during the second day of this festival.
Precisely, The Beetle At The End Of The Street by Joan Vives Lozano is going to be exhibited just today. The seven remaining shorts of the second and last day are going to be screened from 20:00 hours (UTC+1 WEST) at the Centro Cultural of Maspalomas in San Fernando de Maspalomas.
The fourteen finalists of the current edition are:
- Le vivre emsemble by José Luis Santos,
- Nuestro viejo (y el mar) by Lander Camarero,
- Mars Love by Mario Serrano,
- Madre by Rodrigo Sorogoyen,
- La pureza by Pedro Vikingo,
- Exhalación by Alberto Díaz López,
- Tomasito by Ignacio F. Rodó & Sergio Arróspide,
- The Beetle At The End Of The Street by Joan Vives Lozano,
- Woody & Woody by Jaume Carrió,
- Madres de luna by Alicia Albares,
- El tesoro by Néstor del Castillo y Marisa Lafuente Esteso,
- Miss Wamba by Estefanía Cortés,
- La madrina by Pedro Sancho, and
- Caronte by Luis Tinoco Pineda.