The award-winning short film The Beetle At The End Of The Street (El escarabajo al final de la calle), directed by Joan Vives Lozano and produced by ESCAC Films, continues its internacional film festival running and it has joined the screenings of the Ca' Foscari Short Film Festival of Venice (Veneto, Italy).
The Ca' Foscari Short Film Festival 2018 is opening just today and the films produced by film students from all over the world will fill the streets and the canals of Venice (Veneto, Italy).
One of the shorts that may be viewed in this Italian city in the next few days is the successful The Beetle At The End Of The Street (El escarabajo al final de la calle) by Joan Vives Lozano. This short is on everyone's lips after having won the Festival Internacional de Cine en Guadalajara / Guadalajara Film Festival (Mexico) and having taken part in the renowned Festival International du Court Métrage à Clermont-Ferrand (France).
The list of the short films nominated for competing in the Concorso Internazionale (International Competition) of the Ca' Foscari Festival 2018 consists of 30 finalists, including The Beetle At The End Of The Street by Joan Vives Lozano. It should be noted that The Beetle At The End Of The Street is the only Spanish —specifically, Catalan— production in the competition.
The 30 nominees in this category are:
- A(u)n by T. S. Pasanna (India),
- Abandon by Varun Copra (USA / India),
- Adavade by Alain Parroni (Italy),
- Astrale by Bérénice Motais de Narbonne (France),
- Bophelo ba ana by Mlu Godola (South Africa),
- Çıkmaz by Yasin Dalgiç (Turkey),
- Dopdi by Shivani Sharma (India),
- The Beetle At The End Of The Street by Joan Vives Lozano (Spain),
- Elena by Ayerim Villanueva (Costa Rica),
- Eric by Hakan Sağıroğlu (Hungary / Turkey),
- Freie Kamera - Free Camera by Lukas März (Germany),
- Huándăo gōnglù by Adam Yang (Hong Kong / China),
- Hugs And Hurricanes by Diëgo Nurse (Belgium),
- In Our Sking by Rosa Beiroa (United Kingdom),
- Le jour où maman est devenue un monstre by Joséphine Darcy Hopkins (France),
- Lijana by Ivan Đurović (Serbia),
- Lobis by Martynas Valius (Lithuania),
- Mama by Ilkhomjonov Abduazim & Botir Abdurakhmonov (Uzbekistan),
- Night Call by Amanda Renee Knox (USA),
- No pases por San Bernardino by Hugo Magaña (Mexico),
- Nueve nudos by Lorena María Colmenares Molina (Venezuela),
- Roditeli priekhali ko mne na Sri Lanku by Vera Vodynski (Russia),
- Sea by Marharita Tsikhanovich (Czech Republic / Belarus),
- Pipinara by Ludovico di Martino (Italy),
- Tash kømyr by Evgenii Chistiakov (Kyrgyzstan),
- The Blacksmith by Ivan Andrianov & Nina Gudme (Germany / Ukraine),
- Taasta side by Tõnis Pill (Estonia),
- Yong bao chang jiang by Ao Ma (China),
- Wiem by Piotr Nalazek (Poland), and
- Ya ostayus' by Grigory Kolomytsev (Russia).
The short The Beetle At The End Of The Street by Joan Vives Lozano is going to be shown coming Friday 23rd March. The short may be watched from 20:00 hours (UTC+1 CET). This session, as all during this Italian festival, will be held at the Auditorium Santa Margherita, located in Venice.
The Ca' Foscari Short Film Festival of Venice, which is beginning today Wednesday 21st March, will end on Saturday 24th.