Leer en:

“Gurs, History And Memory” (Gurs, historia y memoria), the documentary film by Verónica Sáenz Giménez, will compete in the VII Premios Simón del Cine Aragonés (Aragón, Spain)The documentary medium-length film Gurs, History And Memory (Gurs, historia y memoria), directed by Verónica Sáenz Giménez, has been nominated for two categories of the Premios Simón of the Academia del Cine Aragonés and is going to compete in the awards ceremony of this event late June.

Gurs, History And Memory (Gurs, historia y memoria), the documentary film directed by Verónica Sáenz Giménez about the Spanish republican exile in France at the end of the 1936 Civil War, has won two nominations for the Premios Simón (Simón Awards), given by the Academia del Cine Aragonés (Aragonese Film Academy). Gurs, History And Memory will fight for the Best Documentary Award and for the Best Film Production Award. The producers of this documentary work, Fernando Yarza and Anabel Beltrán, have been nominated in the latter category.

The VII Premios Simón del Cine Aragonés, established in 2012, will award the best Aragonese productions made during last year. The awards gala of the seventh edition will be held coming 30th June in Saragossa, capital of Aragón (Spain).

The nominees of the year 2018 have been unveiled just today at the Círculo Oscense, a cultural centre located in Huesca, one of the province capitals of the Autonomous Community of Aragón. A total of 16 films have been nominated in at least one of the ten categories of this year's Aragonese Simón Awards. One of these nominees is, obviously, Gurs, History And Memory by Verónica Sáenz Giménez which has earned two nominations.“Gurs, History And Memory” (Gurs, historia y memoria), the documentary film by Verónica Sáenz Giménez, will compete in the VII Premios Simón del Cine Aragonés (Aragón, Spain)

The competing categories of the VII Premios Simón del Cine Aragonés are: Best Short Film, Best Documentary —one of the categories in which Gurs, History And Memory is contesting—, Best Film Direction, Best Cinematografy, Best Film Production —the other category in which Gurs, History And Memory is competing—, Best Acting, Best Screenplay, Best Edition, Best Costumes, and a Special Category.

Five films are contending for the Best Documentary Award of the 2018 Premios Simón 2018. They are the following documentaries:

  • Buscando a Djeneba by José Manuel Herraiz,
  • El viaje en la oscuridad de Rayers Sam by Orencio Boix,
  • Gurs, History And Memory by Verónica Sáenz,
  • Local 7 by Jorge Nebra, and
  • María Moliner. Tendiendo Palabras by Vicky Calavia.

Regarding the Best Film Production Award, the five nominees are:

  • Camino Ivars for Vergüenza,
  • Estela Rasal for El color de la sed,
  • Fernando Yarza & Anabel Beltrán for Gurs, History And Memory,
  • Jorge Nebra for Local 7 , and
  • Lucas Sáez & Mateo Sáez for Los hombres de verdad no lloran.

The 16 candidates of the current edition of the Premios Simón have been voted by the members of the Academia del Cine Aragonés and by a Professional Jury. Over 150 members of the Aragonese Film Academy could vote the best Aragonese productions between 26th March and 18th May. The academicians provided a 40% of the finalists' scoring white the other 60% was decided by the Professional Jury composed by six members.

Nevertheless, the winners of the 2018 Premios Simón 2018 will be only voted by the academicians of the Academia del Cine Aragonés.

Before the 30th June awards gala, the finalists of the current edition will stare at each other's faces on 15th June from 12:00 hours (UTC+2 CEST) during the Nominees Party taking place at the Museo de Zaragoza.


This website uses cookies to manage user authentication and user experience. Please indicate whether you consent to the cookies of this website being stored in your computer or electronic device. Some functions, such as the contact form, may not work smoothly without cookies. You can reconsider your decision about cookies whenever you want in a box placed at the bottom of every page.

View Cookies Policy of [ The House of Films ]

View Euro Directive on Privacy and Electronic Communications

You have declined cookies. This decision can be reversed.
You have allowed cookies to be placed on your computer. This decision can be reversed.