Noa Sánchez has won the Best Female Actriz Award at the Hrizantema Festival Horror & Fantasy Filma (Subotica, Vojvodina, Serbia) for her acting in the short film Blind Letters (Cartas ciegas) by Ángel Jaquem.
We have just learnt about it. The short film Blind Letters (Cartas ciegas), directed by Ángel Jaquem, has won an award again. The V Hrizantema Festival Horror & Fantasy Filma 2017 has given the Best Female Actress Award to Noa Sánchez, one of the leading actresses of Blind Letters. This prize has been shared with actress Carmen Díaz for Blanca and The Cave Of Dreams by Joaquin Gil (Spain).
The leading roles in the short film Blind Letters by Ángel Jaquem are played by actors and actresses Noa Sánchez, Alba José, Cristóbal Araque, Adelfa Calvo, Ingrid Hernández, and Carlos Serrano.
The fifth edition of the Hrizantema Festival was held between Thursday 26th and Sunday 29th October in the town of Subotica, in the autonomous province of Vojvodina, one of the territories of Serbia. 47 international short films were competing at this Serbian festival, including, naturally, the award-winning Blind Letters by Ángel Jaquem.
The list of winners of the year 2017, that was announced a few hours ago, is as follows:
- Best Short Film Award: The Scared One by Romanin Lafargue (France);
- Best Female Actress Award: Noa Sánchez for Blind Letters by Ángel Jaquem (Spain) and Carmen Díaz for Blanca and The Cave Of Dreams by Joaquin Gil (Spain);
- Best Male Actor Award: Martin Dubreuil for Lost Face by Sean Meehan (Australia / Canada) and Emmanuel Matte for We Are Going Into The Wood's by Arnaud Bigeard (France);
- Best Screenplay Award: Julián Merino & Karin Wolf for The App by Julián Merino (Spain) and Alina Suárez Aguilera for The Exam by Alina Suárez Aguilera (Russia);
- Best Original Music Award: Alejandro Tomás for Blanca and The Cave Of Dreams by Joaquin Gil (Spain);
- Audience Award: God's Favorite Animal by Marco Bentancor & Alejandro Rocchi (Uruguay) and Between Lines by José Luis Velázquez Menéndez (Spain);
- Best Animation Award: Overrun by Pierre Ropars, Antonin Derory, Diane Thirault, Jérémie Cottard, Matthieu Druaud & Adrien Zumbihl (France); and
- Special Prize: Sneeze Jumper by Chen Kuan Ju (Taiwan) and The Men Who There Wasn't by Sayyed Ata Hejabei (Iran).
The Hrizantema Festival has also announced several consolation awards.
Congratulations to Noa Sánchez for this new award earned by the short film Blind Letters by Ángel Jaquem.