The short films Bus Story by Jorge Yúdice and Identidad by Juan Carlevaris were competing in the latest edition of The Unprecedented Cinema of Tallinn (Estonia) a few days ago. Additionally, Identidad has won one of the awards of this Estonian festival.
A happy outcome is worth waiting for. We have just learnt that the shorts Bus Story by Jorge Yúdice and Identidad by Juan Carlevaris have recently been competing at the 17th International Short Film Festival The Unprecedented Cinema / Невиданное Кино of Tallinn (Estonia). The capital of this Baltic country hosted this festival from 31st May to 4th June of this year.
Joy is even greater than just two nominations. Additionally, the short film Identidad, directed by Juan Carlevaris, has earned one of the prizes of the 17th The Unprecedented Cinema. Identidad is the winner of the Best Cinematography Award of the current edition. It should be noted that Identidad by Juan Carlevaris is the only Spanish short film awarded in this year's edition of this Estonian film contest.
The Unprecedented Cinema 2017 received 663 films, coming from 64 countries, after this year's call for films. Nevertheless, just 57 of the submitted films were selected and eventually screened from 31st May to 4th June at the Maardu Leisure Centre of Tallinn. Bus Story by Jorge Yúdice and Identidad by Juan Carlevaris were, obviously, among those 57 nominees.
|Identidad by Juan Carlevaris|
|Bus Story by Jorge Yúdice|
To be even more precise, Bus Story and Identidad were taking part in the students and professional short film category. This category is composed by 52 finalists. The competing titles, that consisted of fiction shorts, experimental works, and music films, were: Мой дедушка был вишней by Olga Poliektova & Tatiana Poliektova (Russia), Time Lapse by Christian Avilés (Spain), Normal Fiction by Iordanis Theodosiadis (Greece), Years Fiction by Néstor López (Spain), Cowboys & Indians by Emilia Ruiz (Spain), Unleaded by Emmanuel Tenenbaum (Canada / France / Netherlands), Charlie's Buck Teeth by Esther Lalanne, Xing Yao, Valentin Sabin, Camille Verninas, Chao-Hao Yang & Supinfocom Rubika (France), A Place by Iván Fernández de Córdoba (Spain), Bicycle Song by Anna Malienko (Ukraine), Русалка by Andrey Kozlov (Russia), Dreamcaught by Natasza Cetner (United Kingdom), Можно попросить нину? by Polina Belyaeva (Russia), Hawa by Tan Ce Ding (Malaysia), 40 лет на краю света by Anastasia Osipova (Russia), Fireplace by Muhammad Bayazid & Samah Safi Bayazid (Syria / USA), Huh.Чё by Ira Vilkova (Russia), Лодыжка by Alexander Krutenkov (Russia), The Dinner by Nathalia Konchalovsky (Russia), Save by Iván Sáinz-Pardo (Germany / Spain), Nocturnal Butterfly by Annika Dahlsten (Finland), Любимый таракан by Ramana (India), Jazz Orgie by Irina Rubina (Germany), Инопланетянчик by Kirill Nenashev (Russia), Снимок by Ivan Zakharenko (Russia), Селфи by Andrey Kartavtsev (Russia), 0068 Sniper’s Nest by Radu Barbulescu (Romania), I Saw It by Hae Seong Jeong (South Korea), M.A.M.O.N. Monitor Against Mexicans Over Worldwide by Alejandro Damiani (Mexico), Point of View by Fabio Yamahi (Brazil), Semele by Myrsini Aristidou (Cyprus), Sea Child by Minha Kim (United Kingdom), Because There Are Things You Never Forget... by Lucas Figueroa (Spain), In The Family by Jérôme Waquet (France), Sunny Day by Viviane Riberaigua (France), Little Girl by Steven Subotnick (USA), A Whole World for a Little World by Fabrice Bracq (France), Like A Mirror by Antonello Matarazzo (Italy), The Walker by Thibault Chollet (France), Склероз by Gala Shiyan (Russia), Кого убивать by Pavel Ivanov (Russia), Будет исполнено by Pavel Skorobogatov (Russia), The Gift by Bolsunbek Taalaibek (Kyrgyzstan ), Питон и сторож by Anton Diyakov (Russia), Буль by Elizaveta & Polina Manokhina (Russia), Друг, или история о том, как маша ждала, ждала, и дождалась by Kateryna Tsvihun (Ukraine), В стороне by Alexandra Averyanova (Russia), Identidad by Juan Carlevaris (Spain), Американская мечта by Andrey Ananin (Russia), Читая между строк by Nadja Girich (Estonia), Bus Story by Jorge Yúdice (Spain), Тебе на "с by Alexander Varley (Russia), and Tühi ruum by Ülo Pikkov (Estonia).
Most shorts nominated in this section of the 17th The Unprecedented Cinema have come from Estonia itself and from its neighbouring countries: mainly, Russia (18), Estonia (2), and Ukraine (2). They have also added films made in Spain (8, including one co-production), France (6, including one co-production), United Kingdom (2), Germany (2, including one co-production), Brazil (1), Cyprus (1), South Korea (1), USA (1), Finland (1), Greece (1), India (1), Italy (1), Kyrgyzstan (1), Malaysia (1), Mexico (1), Romania (1), USA (one co-production), Syria (one co-production), Canada (one co-production), and Netherlands (one co-production).
The whole list of winners of the 2017 edition of The Unprecedented Cinema comprises the following prizes:
- Best Film of the Author Till 14 Years (sic): Fly-Eater by Leon Leitsinger, Veronika Solovjova, Kirill Eduvald & Andres Dmitrijev (Estonia),
- Best Film of the Author Till 19 Years (sic): Journey by FKVK Zaprešić (Croatia),
- Best Children Animation: Любовь – это вот что by Children’s Studio Poisk (Russia),
- Best Children Animation: Какого хамелеон цвета? by Maria Murashko (Russia),
- Best Amateur Film: Solntsevo by Aleksandra Borissova (Estonia),
- Special Diploma For Humanism: Happiness Generation of Love by Thasleem Khan (Oman),
- First Prize for Best Booktrailer: Põrgupõhja uus vanapagan by (Estonia),
- Second Prize for Best Booktrailer: Часодеи by Anna Veisman (Estonia),
- Third Prize for Best Booktrailer: Трилогия боги by Michail Kalinko (Russia),
- Gold Frame: Американская мечта by Andrey Ananin (Russia),
- Silver Frame: В стороне by Alexandra Averyanova (Russia),
- Bronze Frame: Селфи by Andrey Kartavtsev (Russia),
- Best Student’s Film: Lugemine ridade vahel by Nadja Girich (Estonia),
- Best Comedy: The Gift by Bolsunbek Taalaibek (Kyrgyzstan),
- Best Animation: Питон и сторож by Anton Diyakov (Russia),
- Best Musical Clip (sic): James - Dear John by Péter Vácz (Hungary),
- Best Experimental Film: Jazz Orgie by Irina Rubina (Germany),
- Best Sound Decision: 0068 Sniper’s Nest by Radu Barbulescu (Romania),
- Best Cinematography: Identidad by Juan Carlevaris (Spain),
- Best Editing: Bicycle Song by Anna Malienko (Ukraine),
- Best Screenplay: 0068 Sniper’s Nest by Radu Barbulescu (Romania),
- Special Diploma of Festival: Cowboys & Indians by Emilia Ruiz (Spain),
- Special Diploma of Festival: Тебе на "с by Alexander Varley (Russia) y
- Special Diploma of Festival: Sunny Day by Viviane Riberaigua (France).
Congratulations to Juan Carlevaris and all collaborators because of this new award won by Identidad.